Sometimes, out of the blue, someone comes along at the perfect moment to point you in the right direction when you come to a fork in the road.
For me, that someone was Shawn Hansen.
A friend told me about Shawn’s weekly Teleseminar Tuesday, and after only one session, I was hooked. Eleven one-hour, information packed classes later, I had gained the confidence to:
- Self-host my website/blog with WordPress.org.
- Experiment with WordPress “plugins,” small miracles to make my website distinctly my own.
- Download, activate, and update plugins.
- Backup my website’s database and content.
- Maintain my website/blog.
- Optimize my Twitter account (profile page, hash tags, retweets, keywords, and lists).
- Optimize my LinkedIn account (how to update my profile, target areas of interest)
- Become a Squidoo member.
- Look into forms of visual media, such as creating short little trailers.
- Download and listen to Podcasts on iTunes (Yep, I’d never done that before).
- Make use of Google Reader.
- Begin building buzz about my books BEFORE PUBLICATION.
- Look into Kindle Publishing for blogs.
- Examine my target markets.
- Experiment with blog trigger phrases.
- Become a content curator.