A futurist figures out how to do it.
Put the two together and you have Barbara Marx Hubbard.
Hubbard is the co-founder and chairperson of the Foundation for Conscious Evolution and the global ambassador for the conscious evolution movement; a shift from evolution by chance towards evolution by choice.
She formed a global team to co-produce a global multi-media event titled, “Birth 2012.”
Other visionary futurists you may have heard of are:
- Alvin Toffler, who published Future Shock in 1970, argued that civilization was about to move from the industrial age to the information age. He joined the phrase “information overload.”
- HG Wells, who wrote The Shape of Things to Come in 1933, predicted that WWII would begin in the 1940s and the devastating use of aerial combat.
- Walt Disney, who built the Epcot theme park at Disney World.
What is Birth Day?
Birth Day, December 22, 2012, was the day Barbara Marx Hubbard planned to do her darndest to unite us all in what is called the noosphere, the thinking layer of the Earth, where we are not separate but one.
It was a twenty-four hour day of celebration, a day Hubbard encouraged, connected, and celebrated what’s born through all of us. A day ”to identify what’s good, what’s loving, and what’s able to create a future that works for us all.”
After the shootings in at Sandy Hill in Newtown, Connecticut, we had a desperate need for a celebration – especially a celebration that would help us cross the gap between breakdown and breakthrough.
Birth Day, December 22 was the day after the end of the Mayan Calendar. On December 22, Barbara Marx Hubbard asked, “What are you giving birth to in your life, in your work, in your whole movement that you feel contributes to the shift on planet Earth?”
She hoped millions of people would wake up, take notice, and understand that they are one Global heart, one Global brain.
Spiritual leaders who joined Hubbard in hosting this world-wide celebration in hubs all over the world were:
How can I join in now that 2012 is long past?
- Visit Barbara Marx Hubbard.
- Visit the Shift Network for news, publishing, television, and radio that concentrates on breakthroughs instead of breakdowns.
- Choose work that is self-rewarding and of service.
Participate in the greater whole.